Why Wearing a Jumpsuit to the Office is a Great Idea







Aeropostale Jumpsuit | H&M blazer (similar) and hat 
Sam Edelman Jerome wingtip oxfords | Thrifted envelope clutch



I already wrote about how excited I am that the '70s and jumpsuits are back in style. So it must come as no surprise that I spent these past couple of weeks looking at the forecast, hoping that temperatures would allow me to wear this new piece I recently found on sale. While the weather here in Chicago is slowly getting warmer, wearing a strapless jumpsuit out and about is not a viable option yet. So in order to show you how I style a jumpsuit, I decided to start with an office look that includes a blazer and closed toe shoes. Hopefully after reading this post, you will never go back to wearing boring business attire again.

Jumpsuits are extremely versatile, and an excellent, unexpected base for work outfits. They look great on their own, as well as layered under a blazer, a vest, or a cardigan. Some can even be worn over a button-up shirt. The key to creating a great office look is to style them with pieces from your business professional wardrobe.

In order to make this jumpsuit office appropriate, I decided to wear it with my silver wingtip oxfords, a tuxedo blazer, and a hat. I love  the slight masculinity of this look. And when it comes to comfortable work attire, nothing beats a pair of statement flats. 

Would you wear a jumpsuit to the office? 
Let me now how you style it. 

Have a productive week,
Ildiko




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

https://twitter.com/IldikosFashion

Meet The Author