Experimenting With Blazers: Going Theatrical


Zara floral pants, Missoni for Target heels, Forever 21 blazer, H&M shirt,
thrifted envelope clutch, thrifted bow tie

I always admired bloggers and stylists who were able to put together outfits with strong personalities, but I was worried that that’s something I’ll never be able to pull off. However, I started 2014 with a few resolutions: I promised myself I would have more courage to try new things instead of being afraid of making mistakes, and that I would trust myself and my instincts more. But the most important resolution of all was to stop confining myself to a little box of outfit types I am comfortable with, and to have the courage to try the things I like on others, but am afraid to wear myself. The shock and surprise in people’s eyes will not last forever, they’ll get used to a more courageous me in no-time.
As I am re-reading this paragraph, I am realizing just how important of a role fear played in my life, and how much healing power courage can have. That’s what I need: courage.
So here is to a somewhat theatrical outfit that just a few months ago I didn’t think I could pull, and to the year of courage!
Ildiko
P.S. The weather was very windy today, due to which my hair looks like a haystack in most photos. I promise to upload more images next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

https://twitter.com/IldikosFashion

Meet The Author