Foot Candy: The Season’s Hottest Statement Booties




I always get excited when a new year rolls around. It compels me to reevaluate my life, leave what doesn’t serve me behind, and start over, if not with an entirely blank slate, but with an emptier one for sure. A new year promises new adventures, new challenges, new possibilities, and yes, new style as well. I love to take this opportunity each year to take a step back, reevaluate my wardrobe, and immerse myself in fashion again with a newly found enthusiasm. 

This new year lead to the realization that I need more statement pieces in my wardrobe. While neutral colors and classic cuts are definitely very versatile, serving as building blocks to a wide variety of unique outfits, they fail to satisfy my inner fashionista that longs for looks that pack a punch. I want inventive silhouettes, unusual color combinations, large ruffles, opulent beading, luscious velvet, intricate lace, embroidered everything, and outfits with a strong personality that is impossible to ignore. 

So as my trusty old black booties started to fall apart, I decided to begin my quest with my footwear, and look into pieces that can add personality even to the most boring ensemble. And boy was my research rewarded! Today I am going to share with you my favorite trends for statement booties. 




STAND-OUT HEELS


Source: Pinterest

Embellished, metallic, cut-out and clear heels are a conservative gal’s best friend, adding a little interest to otherwise classic footwear. Every bit as versatile as their basic counterparts, booties with statement heels can be worn in an infinite number of outfit combinations while keeping each ensemble on trend. 



VELVET 

Source: Pinterest

Sumptuous velvet pieces have been roaming the runways and the streets for a few months now, but not every fashionista finds her personality reflected by this luscious fabric. So why not start with accessories? Velvet booties add a touch of aristocratic flair to a casual outfit, and elevate feminine dresses even further. 



STUDDED


Source: Pinterest

Studded booties have been around for some time, but their power to transform any outfit definitely makes them worthy of this roundup. Wear them with tailored pieces or a lace dress to add a touch of rock-and-roll to your outfit, or pair them with ripped jeans and a leather jacket for a full-on rocker chick look.



PATTERNED



Source: Pinterest

Patterned booties are the ultimate statement footwear. In addition to the neutral colored animal prints all fashionistas have come to know and love, this year designers brought a fresh take on this trend: floral brocade and paisley velvet, every girly girl’s dream. Afraid of a Tinkerbell overload? The trick is to keep the rest of your outfit simple, and let your booties do all the talking. 



EMBELLISHED

Source: Pinterest

Embellished footwear should no longer be confined to black tie events and cocktail hours. Pair them with ripped jeans or leather leggings for an unexpected look, or combine them with dresses for a more feminine ensemble. Trust me, they will NOT go unnoticed.



I hope I convinced you that statement booties are a great way to refresh a dull wardrobe, adding an unexpected pop of texture, color, pattern and embellishment to your outfits. Which one is your favorite?


Have a great weekend!
Ildiko

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Search

 

Flickr Photostream

Twitter Updates

https://twitter.com/IldikosFashion

Meet The Author